Home Cuisine 5 Reasons to Celebrate Chinese New Year All Year
If you’re looking for a noteworthy celebration to ring in the Year of the Monkey, you’re in luck because San Francisco holds the key to two restaurants for quintessential modern and traditional experiences. E&O Kitchen and Bar, a modern Asian restaurant and lounge in the heart of San Francisco’s vibrant Union Square, and M.Y. China, located under the dome at Westfield San Francisco Centre, are offering special experiences for the big celebration. But there’s more! Both restaurants give us many reasons to keep the celebration going beyond Chinese New Year!
1. Both E&O And M.Y. China offer fabulous Chinese New Year Experiences to ring in the Year of the Monkey.
E&O Kitchen and Bar
will feature traditional Chinese lion dancers on February 20th to ring in the new year. Meanwhile, the restaurant is offering special menu items and signature cocktails for Asian New Year, until Saturday night. The restaurant will serve a menu of festive and traditional dishes created by Executive Chef Sharon Nahm alongside specialty cocktails created by their talented bar team. The Asian New Year Menu will feature three delicious dishes priced a la carte and specially crafted for this celebration. All tables will receive a red envelope with a special surprise following their dining experience, four of which will include golden tickets awarding the recipient a complimentary dinner for two.
M.Y. China, located under the dome at Westfield San Francisco Centre, will celebrate Chinese New Year, offering Grandma Wu’s Chinese New Year Family Dinner in addition to their regular menu. The special menu, created by Executive Chef Tony Wu, is reminiscent of the traditional Chinese New Year dinners that his grandmother cooked for his family. The menu will be eight courses – since eight is a lucky number – and available for $38 per person for groups of six or more. Select wine pairings are available for $25/bottle and $8/glass. Additionally, M.Y. China’s staff will share their “Words of Wisdom” from their grandparents and family members on the restaurant’s social media channels, @tastemychina. They invite you to share your “Words of Wisdom” #mycwisdom.—
2. Still looking to be entertained? Take a break from shopping at the Westfield Center and have a seat at M.Y. China. Watch the chefs in action as they prepare every dish in front of your eyes, then world champion noodle dancers light up the room by pulling giant balls of dough into thousands of thin noodles in minutes using only their bare hands.
3. In addition to the special Lunar New Year menu, M.Y. China is proud to offer a selection of special menus throughout the year. Select menus include an all-vegetarian option, regional crab and lobster menus as well as a special San Francisco Restaurant Week menu.
E&O Kitchen and Bar
4. Late-night drinks at E&O’s modern restaurant and lounge are always in style. Executive Chef Sharon Nahm has created exciting and bold flavors in modern Asian dishes that pair perfectly with expertly crafted cocktails.
5. Working downtown or Fidi? Lunch is served at E&O Kitchen and Bar
Monday-Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Happy Hour occurs each Monday through Saturday from 3 to 6 p.m. with dinner service Sunday from 5 to 10 p.m., Monday-Wednesday from 4 to 10 p.m., and Thursday through Saturday from 4 to 11 p.m.
Image courtesy of E&O Kitchen and Bar