On November 2, Ada Garcia was on call for some of San Francisco’s “it” socialites like Sonya Molodetskaya and Clara Shayavich. Her mission: to create flawless, runway-ready faces for the Rooms that Rock 4 Chemo Gala fashion show. We sat down with Ada after the show to dish on the beauty in her bag.
1. How long have you been a professional makeup artist?
I’ve been doing hair and makeup professionaly for over nine years now.
2. Who are some of the famous Bay Area socialites you’ve worked with?
I’ve had the pleasure to work with Sophie Azuaou, Victoria Zitrin, Sonya Molodetskaya, Clara Shayevich, designer Vasily Vein, Colleen Quinn and many more.
3. What were three of the key makeup items that helped to get the ladies runway ready for the Rooms That Rock 4 Chemo fashion show?
Some of my favorite cosmetic products to use for lights, camera, action, special events are Hour Glass Mineral Primer, Shu Uemura Face Architect/Smoothing Foundation, Chanel Double Perfection Lumiere and Nars Concealer. Also, everyone must try the newest trend beauty blenders they give you an airbrushed effect without the airbrush machine.
4. What are three key everyday go-to items that every girl should have in her makeup bag?
For everyday wear, I would recomend Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, Nars blush, Cargo high pigment pencil eye liner, and MAC eyeshadows. These are just some of my favorite from my makeup collection.
5. Do you have any makeup tips for women who are moving quickly, on-the-go?
If you are always on the go they are four basic tips that a woman must do brows; Shu Uemura cream brow shadow, mascara: Benefit they’re real, Laura Mercier: tinted moisturizer and bronzer, lips: Nars lips sticks and you are set!
6. What are your favorite products to use during the colder months and why?
When traveling I make sure to bring some great skin care products like 100% pure coffee bean eye cream, Suki Radical Results Youth Serum and Suki Exfoliating Foaming Cleanser to freshen up my skin.
7. Finally, what makeup are you wearing now?
For this fall season I’m so obsessed with Nars walkyrie velvet matt lipstick/liner and the Nars orgasm with the exhibit A, Chanel long wear powder, also the new they’re real push up liner is the best, once you put that baby on and gets dry it will not come off!