Home Beauty News Top 10 Beauty Looks from the San Francisco Symphony Opening Gala
All photos by Moanalani Jeffrey Photography
The San Francisco Symphony Opening Night Gala marked the start of a beautiful fall/winter season, and also the beginning of a glittery 2015 Gala Season. On September 24th, San Francisco Symphony lovers and glamoratti descended onto City Hall for the gala dinner, followed by the main event at Davis Symphony Hall, to be topped off by a sparkling Grove Street after party.
Opening night at the Symphony is the event that sets the stage for the creme de la creme of beauty. With literally hundreds of gorgeous ensembles – from gowns to hair and makeup – floating through the evening, choosing our favorite looks were a challenge. But alas, we managed to narrow it down to our top 10.
- Komal Shah always stuns with her simplicity and attention to detail. Her look is perfected with her elegantly pulled-back hair and soft makeup.
- Jacquelyn Williams balances her elegant, voluminous black gown with a soft ponytail and neutral makeup.
- Always the fashion risk-taker, Sonya Molodetskaya’s structured gown was framed by simple hair, perfectly arched brows and a pop of pink on the lips.
- An all-red gown can be overwhelming, but the key is to choose one area of the face to focus, and Sarah Somberg made the perfect choice with a pop of red lips. Her center-parted locks gave balance to her statement ensemble .
O. J. Shansby
- We love how O. J. Shansby chose to focus on dark blue eye shadow to compliment her stunning navy blue gown.
- Natasha Dolby got it all right with a swept up do, smokey eyes and neutral lips to compliment her architectural white gown.
- We love Karen Caldwell’s form-fitting gold dress with the pop of blue accessories, but we couldn’t help but notice the her bold brows and dark red lips that top off her look flawlessly.
- When in doubt, bold brows and a neutral palate are the way to go. Ronak Pakzad’s side-swept hair and neutral makeup were elegant compliments to such a stunning fishtail-silhouette gown.
Jennifer Siebel Newsom
- Jennifer Siebel Newsom has perfected an all-around etherial look. Her delicate chignon and soft makeup paired so perfectly with her romantic ensemble.
- San Francisco Symphony President Sako Fisher made a bold statement, not only with her colorful dress, but with her statement makeup. Bold eyeliner always does well with graphic red lips, which of course, always pairs well with the elegance of a black.