Salon images provided by Halo Blow Dry Bar
Ladies, whether we’re on the go or getting glam for a gala evening, we can always use that one-stop-shop solution that will take us from day to night in a snap. It’s pretty safe to say that most of us don’t have hours to make it happen. We on-the-go girls needs quick, quality and effective solutions for everything. And lo and behold, Halo walks into our lives – or should we say – we walked into Halo! (FYI – There are four locations in the Bay Area, and we had the pleasure of using the Burlingame location.)
Halo Blow Dry Bar has reinvented the idea of the “hair appointment.” Cuts and color are not on the menu; instead, Halo specializes in style and confidence through a full suite of blow dry styles and makeup services.
A day-to-night look can be achieved in less than 90 minutes. It all starts when you park yourself in one of those fabulous Halo chairs. Just take in an uber relaxed atmosphere while you sip a mimosa, or two! The day-to-night look is created very easily, starting with the glam-o-rama blowout, which actually stayed true to the 45-minute timeline. (As you can see from the photos below, the blow dry is smooth, strong, and held up for about five days in total.) Then onto the makeup room, where Jane Iredale is the makeup of choice. You can truly create any look, but we opted for the “all night long” makeup: a thick lash and heavy lip, highlighted on cheekbones and eyelids, which truly stayed on all night. This look took about 30 – 35 minutes.
In case you’re not convinced, here are five more reasons we loved Halo.
- A simple blow-dry, style, and makeup are all you need to achieve the day-to-night look. But Halo also offers bridal and special occasion makeup, and a number of different blow dry styles to achieve any look you desire.
- Simplicity speaks volumes (literally!). No matter which blow-dry service you choose, this is the quintessential “no fuss” blow-dry experience. Fast, easy, and they do have a nice range of styling products in case some extra smoothing is in order.
- Jane Iredale makeup has an amazing set of highlighters. Not to mention, the rest of the makeup wears well and won’t clog your pores.
- It’s très chic to see the blowdryers suspended from the ceiling; why don’t all salons do that?
- Mimosas and makeovers? We’re in! Halo would throw a heck of a girls glam-night party.