Summer is no longer fast approaching, it has officially arrived and it’s time to embrace the warm and sunny season with open arms. That includes updating your makeup bag with some seasonally inspired items that will help ensure you are ready to take on whatever this summer has in store for you. Here are five products that instantly update your summer makeup wardrobe.
1. Olivia Palermo x Ciate London Nail Collection: Finding the perfect summer go-to nail color can pose a serious challenge. Luckily fashionista and celebutant Olivia Palermo has teamed with masters of the polish craft, Ciate London, to create a signature line of nail polishes just in time meet all of your summertime nail needs. The Olivia Palermo x Ciate London Nail Collection comes in three custom colors that have been meticulously crafted to represent Ms. Palermo’s jet setting and fashion-forward lifestyle; including ‘Hutch’ a perfect tomato red (Palermo’s signature color), a neutral coral dubbed ‘Nantucket’ which is one of her favorite vacation destinations, and a cool-toned nude appropriate called ‘Sunday’, representing her down time and days away from her hectic lifestyle. Each of the polishes boasts a chip-resistant formula and unparalleled shine for a perfectly pretty and polished summer nail.
2. Guerlain Terracotta Spray:
Flaunting a fabulously tan complexion in the summer is what makeup dreams are made of but finding the perfect bronzer is only half of the story. Learning to expertly apply your bronzer to achieve a natural and flattering finish takes some serious skill, so French beauty powerhouse Guerlain has simplified the process and combined their much-loved Teracotta Bronzing Powder with the ease of a spray applicator so you can ditch those clumsy brushes and spray your way to a perfectly even airbrush-finish summer tan.
3. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment with SPF 15: Known for making innovative beauty products derived from natural ingredients, Fresh has hit the jackpot with this line of lip treatments that have achieved superstar status with a major following among Hollywood’s A-list ladies, including Christina Hedricks and Amy Adams. Made with real sugar, nourishing oils and essential fatty acids, these lip treatments naturally moisturize and plump your lips, while proving much needed SPF protection. A former Allure Best of Beauty winner, they come in a range of subtle shades that will add the perfect amount of color to your summertime pout.
4. Cover FX Custom Cover Drops: Many of us prefer to take a ‘less is more’ approach to makeup in the summertime to let our natural beauty shine through, especially when it comes to our foundation routine. Cover FX has made it even easier to simplify our summer makeup routine with their Custom Cover Drops, a weightless liquid pigment designed to be added to your moisturizer, sunblock or skin serum to create custom coverage as needed while eliminating the need for a separate foundation. Custom Cover Drops give you the freedom to wear sheer or complete coverage whenever you want it and with 24 custom shades to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect match for you.
5. NARS Dual Intensity Blush: NARS made major waves last year with their Dual Intensity eye shadows, which have already achieved cult-like status among beauty bloggers, editors and glamazons everywhere. Just in time for summer, the brand has launched a new line of Dual Intensity Blushes, featuring six different palettes each with two carefully curated, complimentary shades intended to be worn simultaneously, either layered on top of each other or used as a cheek contouring duo, creating multi-dimensional color effects with a silky, second-skin finish. Just like their eye shadow counterpart these blushes are made with NARS’ exclusive Translucent Prismatic Technology and can be worn wet for an intense color pay-off or dry for a more subtle summer glow.