With the holidays comes the inevitable gift of gadgets that we play with for five minutes before getting bored. Now that the gift-giving season has passed, it’s time to get serious and look toward improvements for the new year. For Bay Area dwellers, smart-technology fixes are everywhere – from smart watches, to fit-apps, to thermostat devices, a well-designed piece of technology can give you a new lease on life.
With that being said, we checked out Gate, the latest and greatest in home-improvement technology that is worth its early hype. The San Francisco-based company has created a smart lock that does the job better than others in its class; you can lock and unlock your door for trusted individuals from anywhere, anytime – and that’s just the beginning. Here are 10 reasons that Gate will make your home smarter in 2017.
1. Gate is the world’s first camera-equipped smart lock.
2. Gate is the world’s first all-in-one smart lock.
3. Gate’s design is not only functionally robust, but also very stylish and will look great on any door.
Gate teamed up with the award-winning design firm Box Clever to create a product that is not only functionally robust, but beautifully designed as well.
4. Gate’s detachable battery lasts up to 3 months and charges as a regular cell phone via USB device.
5. Gate will watch your door while you are away.
6. Gate was built by a rockstar team of engineers and marketing gurus.
7. Never miss a package with Gate.
According to a study from Princeton Survey Research Associates International, 23 million Americans have had a package stolen from their front door, that is an estimated $1.5 billion in items stolen, the study says. You can forget about this problem with Gate.
8. Gate is not just a smart lock, but is a necessity.
Once you use Gate for your dog walkers, grocery delivery, dry cleaning pick-up, or nannies, you’ll never go back. Users can see and speak to visitors or trusted professional using the partner app. Not only can you receive notifications when anyone arrives at the door, you can open the door by tapping a button.